We hold monthly meetings on the last Tuesday of each month at 6 PM at SkullSpace (374 Donald Street, 2nd floor).
The next annual general meeting will be on:
February 27, 2024, 6:00 PM at SkullSpace
You can browse our previous meeting notes archive to stay updated on what we discuss. Minutes from previous meetings can be found on our Wiki.
Annual General Meeting
As stated in the bylaws, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be announced to all members (via the Announce mailing list) at least three weeks (21 days) prior to the meeting. Voting will take place at the AGM (assuming that at least six candidates step forward for position of board member).
The process for holding the AGM is as follows:
- The Board will announce the meeting via email, and name an Election Official.
- The Election Official must be a member in good standing who is not running in the election.
- Candidates may nominate themselves publicly, or email their interest to the Election Official, who will record them.
- At 1 week before the election:
- If the Election Official has received self-nominations, the list is sent out via the Announce mailing list.
- Each member in good standing will receive a unique random code, which is their Election Token.
- Members may give this Election Token to other members, to serve as their ‘proxy’.
- If a member has chosen a proxy, they must send the board a written instruction that allows their proxy to stand for them in the AGM.
- On election day, if there are more candidates than director positions, members will fill out ballots, checking off names of who they vote for, and fill in their Election Token in the appropriate place.
- The Election Official will collect the ballots and count them.
- If a single Election Token is used on multiple ballots, those ballots are invalidated.
- In the case of a tie-breaker vote being required, the Election Official will cast the tie-breaker.
- The successful directors will be announced as soon as the votes are tallied, and will decide amongst themselves in whichever way they see fit which officer positions they will fulfill.
- If fewer than five (5) nominations have been announced by the start of the AGM, more will be solicited. If we attain five nominations, the board will be proclaimed.
- If fewer than five (5) directors are elected, we’ll deal with it at the AGM.
In practice, the Election Official can serve as a proxy – votes can be emailed to them after the candidates are announced. Votes for special resolutions may be done on the same ballot.